Need a break, but not ready to book in-home care? Easy! We’ve reached out to Joymakers and they are ready to be booked for a Virtual Care Date. What’s a Virtual Care Date?? It is a fun way to keep your loved one (or you!) occupied with amazing Joymakers.
Read below for more information on how to book a Virtual Care Date, today!
Remote Care Dates
- Schedule a Virtual Care Date by sending a Care Date Request.
- Add a note that says, “Requesting Virtual Care Date”
- Create an account for Google Duo which you can then use to video chat.
What to consider when participating in a Virtual Care Date:
- Find a spot with good lighting
- Be mindful of your background
- As you pick out your spot for where you’ll be while video chatting, make sure that the background is tidy and that no inappropriate items are laying out
- Read to each other
- Have a dance off
- Do the same craft togetherYoga
- Play Headbanz or Guess Who
- Draw a portrait of each other
- Online chess or checkers
- Help out with school work
- Build something out of Legos or K’Nex
- Play a musical instrument
- Do a magic trick/card trick
Virtual Tool Kit
We are so excited to share with you a FUN and FREE Virtual Tool Kit we’ve made for you! These activities are all free and can be done in the comfort of your own home. Take a look – Enjoy – Share away!
Our Virtual Tool Kit includes:
- See the skies through NASA
- Story Time Fun
- Yoga Time
- Music Lesson
- Drawing and Doodling
- Dance Party
- Exploring the San Diego Zoo
- TED Talks
- Day-to-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing
- Famous Museums Virtual Tours
- Nightly Opera Stream