Full Stack Engineer
- We are open to this position being remote.
- Full Time/Exempt
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our passionate and user-focused engineering hire. We’re continuously pushing solutions to new problems, rapidly iterating on existing features in use today, dreaming up what we can build tomorrow that will have an even greater impact, and getting our hands dirty wherever work is needed along the way.
Links to your Github and other open-source repositories of your work are appreciated.
What You Will Be Doing
- Iterate on our new web front end (React) and existing mobile clients (React Native)
- Collaborate closely with a small team to rapidly iterate, plan, build, and deliver features and fixes
- Own and deliver maintainable code from end-to-end (we rely heavily on AWS managed services, and sleep well at night)
- Explore a broad landscape of problems, and apply your skills to add as much value as possible (feature development, testing, automation, analytics, reporting, assisting operational teams)
What You Should Have
- 5+ years of full stack application development, preferably with React, Node.js, and Typescript
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Bonus! Infrastructure experience: AWS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Serverless
- Entrepreneurial minded individual who sees the big picture
- Exceptional collaboration and communication, we move fast and need to stay aligned
- Team player who is willing to jump out of your lane to help others, and willing to ask for help from others
- Scrappy and gritty, you get excited about diving into difficult abstract problems and keep an eye out for the simplest solution
- Strong core engineering concepts, understanding good software architecture/design, writing modular and testable code
- Understanding of the full web stack, from quirks of cross-browser compatibility to server-side scalability
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Working at an emerging company early
- We’ll leverage your passion and experience to make an impact
- We are a casual group, who work hard and celebrate every milestone we achieve as a team
- And more…
Joshin is a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives in a supportive place to work. We have a positive, and supportive culture and look for people who are curious, inventive and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Apply for this role.
Come do the best work of your life here at Joshin.
Full Stack Developer